• [En]
  • [Fr]
  • [Es]
  • [it]
  • [tr]
  • [ru]
  • [pl]
  • [de]
  • [Cn]
  • [Jp]
  • [my]
  • [kr]
  • [vn]
  • [ph]

  (+44)203-287 0408


(+44)203-287 0408
Company Formation Hong Kong



Hong Kong-Singapore Double Tax Treaty

Updated on Friday 20th May 2016

Rate this article
5 5 1
based on 0 reviews

Hong-Kong-Singapore-Double-Tax-Treaty.jpgThe double tax agreement between Hong Kong and Singapore

The double tax agreement between Singapore and Hong Kong is useful for taxpayers who are residents in one of the country and produce income in the other one or in both countries. This bilateral treaty between the two countries helps protect individuals from being taxed twice: once on the country where the income is produced and in the country of residence where the income is received.
The double tax treaty describes the manner in which each country can impose taxes on income. Our Hong Kong company formation representatives can help you understand the provisions of this bilateral agreement.

Taxes covered by the DTA between Singapore and Hong Kong

The treaty specifies the types of taxes covered in each country. In the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region the taxes covered are the profits tax and the salaries tax. In Singapore the tax to which the agreement applies is the income tax.
The double tax treaty will apply to all and any taxes imposed by one of the country in place of or in addition to the ones described above. Also, each Contracting Party must notify the other if any changes should occur in its taxation laws.

Implications for Hong Kong and Singapore residents

Only residents of Singapore or Hong Kong can benefit from the provisions of the treaty. In case of the Hong Kong Special Administrative region a resident is an individual who is a permanent or temporary resident for the purpose of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. In case of Singapore, an individual is a resident for the purpose of the Singapore income tax. The treaty applies to individuals, companies and other body of persons, incorporated or unincorporated.
A permanent establishment that is taxed under the laws of one of the countries can include a place of management, a branch in Hong Kong or Singapore, an office, factory, warehouse, workshop, construction site, mine or others.
Our Hong Kong company formation agents can tell you more about the taxation of dividends under this agreement as well as detail the manner in which the double taxation relief methods apply in Singapore or Hong Kong.
If you want to open a Hong Kong company please feel free to contact our consultants.


There are no comments

Comments & Requests

Please note that client queries should NOT be posted here but sent through our Contact page.

Meet us in Hong Kong

Call us now at (+44)203-287 0408  to set up an appointment with our company formation experts in Hong Kong. As our client, you will benefit from the joint expertise of local lawyers and consultants for opening an offshore company in Hong Kong.

We offer:

- prompt response to your inquiry (maxim 24 hours);

- cost-efficiency: competitive company formation prices;

- free and complete legal information featured on our site, at your disposal.

Contact us

Online Incorporation


Tax Calculator

tax-calculator-hong kong



I have been working with partners at OpenCompanyHongKong.com for several years now and I am extremely pleased with their services. Their team helped my clients extend their businesses in Hong Kong.

Francesco Dagnino, Partner of
Lexia Avvocati

Read more testimonials

We Recommend ClientPedia

This website is marketed by ClientPedia

Banner-Promoting ClientPedia-244px.jpg

We accept online payments